Re: [opensuse] Firewall
Op dinsdag 18 november 2014 19:28:46 schreef Carlos E. R.:
As a matter of fact, my router finds out the names of windows machines
it serves via dhcp. And of some android devices. My Linux machines are
on fixed addresses, so I don't see them in that list - but still, there
is a protocol for that naming, and the local dns server could find them
out, too.

I did not read the whole thread, but maybe this is covered by the mdns
protocol (multicast dns), also called zeroconf (RFC 6762).

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf