Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:03:52 -0500
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 18/11/14 a las 05:14, Bernhard Voelker escribió:

ACL support doesn't seem to be compiled into:

$ /usr/bin/ntfs-3g --help 2>&1 | sed -n 2,3p
ntfs-3g 2014.2.15 external FUSE 29 - Third Generation NTFS Driver
Configuration type 1, XATTRS are on, POSIX ACLS are off

Fixed in request id 262239.

The SR is in Filesystems now:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/filesystems/ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs

You just need to give some time to publish, then you can try out that version.

I gather the goal is to set the ACLs in openSUSE and then the client's
Windows machines will honor it?

If so, I wish you luck. I find NTFS ACLs extremely hard to work with.
My issue is typically with the SIDs, so let me know if you get this to
actually work.

I'm not at all sure that having ACL support for NTFS in openSUSE is a
step forward, but I sent Cristian's SR on to factory on the assumption
it won't break anything for people who don't want to worry with NTFS
ACLs.

Greg