Re: [opensuse] Firewall
On 11/18/2014 11:51 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
All of my devices hostnames are listed on my netgear router's
'Attached Devices' page. They all show their ip and hostname ie.
192.168.0.10 FREENAS, 192.168.0.16 linux.crv0 etc so my router is able
to resolve hostnames correctly but my opensuse computer cannot 'see'
these names from the router where all other devices can (inclusing
ubuntu).

Does it have a DNS server? If not, it still won't do what you want.
With Windows/Samba file sharing, you can find the computer you want by
browsing, because it announces it's presence. This is different than
specifying a URL to it./