Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
On 11/18/2014 12:14 AM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
Attributes may work - this is the best I could find about it:
http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-advanced/extended-attributes/

BTW: you didn't mention how the customer is mounting the drives.
If it's on Linux, too, then those attributes won't do much.

Hi Bernhard,

Yes, I looked at the tuxera stuff last night and tried this:

setfattr -h -v 0x00000021 -n system.ntfs_attrib_be foo

This sets the read-only flag as reported by:

getfattr -h -e hex -n system.ntfs_attrib_be foo

This doesn't write-block on Linux, but my hope is it will
work on Windows. I'll test that this morning when I get
access to a straight-up Win-7 system.

Regards,
Lew