Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
On 2014-11-18 09:45, jdd wrote:
Le 17/11/2014 23:22, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

Create a single large file that almost fills up your main filesystem:

pretty good hint!

may be create simply an iso file (aka like a dvd/blmu-Ray, can be of any
size), read only and make the file also read only.

don't know if windows will read it

Yes. But you need a program to do it. I don't have the name handy, but
it is gratis, I think.

may be write the iso file directly to the disk with dd, making a very
big read only disk

You also need mount the disk in Windows on your premises at least once,
in order to change the RO attribute which can not be set in Linux.

That's another method: Have a virtualized small Windows with the purpose
of changing the file attributes to RO, considering that Linux can't do it.

And another is using FAT instead of NTFS, because we can change the RO
attribute in Linux (the 'w') flag.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)