Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.2 and old xp computer
Le 17/11/2014 21:27, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

I think the question implies something not true. Let me re-phrase:

- Q: Is the ext2 filesystem driver always available in mainstream linux kernels.

- A: No, the functionality of the ext2 driver has been incorporated
into the ext4 driver, so many kernels now only include the ext4
driver. Of course it provides full backward support so there is no
loss of functionality due the ext2 driver being missing.

In general only kernels that don't include the ext4 driver should
include the older, less well maintained ext2 driver.

Greg

ok, good to know. anyway I had no problem with ext4

thanks
jdd