Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
On 11/17/2014 04:51 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 11/17/2014 04:39 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 11/17/2014 04:31 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
But how does one make impermeable copies of 12-TB of data,
within the constraints?
That's a boat load of data.
How would they find anything in that pile of disks you are sending them?

Why not set up an immediate load of the transport disks to a samba server
where you can control over-write (and backup) at the Linux level, and keep
it out of the reach of any windows deletion tool?

Would it not be possible to send this data directly (electronically) without
relying on spinning rust?

Hi John,

Again, customer requirements limit my options. Thanks for the suggestions!

Regards,
Lew

Well, customer can't specify sata AND Read-Only, because such does not exist,
so customer has to bend somewhere.
Probably the best bet is the $35 Read only interface hardware I posted
up-thread.