Re: [opensuse] FTP Access
On 11/17/2014 06:28 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 11/17/2014 08:48 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
a Big Name
ex-IBM Security Consultant who asserted that machines should be shipped
with all the standard ports open and services enabled and sysadmins
should be smart enough to decide which to shut down,

This is the RedHat motto as well. (Or was the last time I was forced to use
RH).
Everything open upon install.

I like the Opensuse approach where you don't even have ssh open unless
you do it yourself.

So do I.
I believe that if a user needs something that is lacking he will ask for it.

The BOFH can then set things up so that when he tries using it all his
files disappear.

:-)

the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle
for independence.
-- Attributed to Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)