Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
On 11/17/2014 03:42 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Anton Aylward

How do each of these methods turn out for you?

First, the die'ing of konsole has only happened twice that I can
remember in weeks of using 13.2 beta/RC/gold.

Hmm ... Beta .... Hmm...

I always start konsole via alt-f2 - manually type konsole. (I know,
menus are nice, but I rarely use them when I can just type instead.)

I never ... Ok .. Later.

I start firefox by clicking on the icon on the main VT. I rarely ever
use any of the other VT screens.

VT screen, yes ..

(I do use the virtual consoles routinely (cntrl-alt-F#), but those
consoles have not died. It is just Konsole that has disappeared on me
a couple times.)

What's with "VT **consoles**" ???
Are those the same as VT screens?

The "OK later" is that I have six of them

#1 is devoted to full screen thunderbird
#2 is devoted to full screen firefox
#3 is devoted to full screen konqueror file manager
#4 is devoted to full screen Konsole with 4 tabs

I *NEVER* start any of those from alt-f2 or from the geeko menu.
I never need to.
The come up when I log in and that KDE config is saved when I shut down.

Sometimes I start things from the CLI in #4 and move them to #5 or #6.

The last time it happened, I think I had 2 konsole windows going and 4
or 5 konsole tabs. All of it went away in a single stroke when I
started firefox.

Now "2 console windows" could mean two INSTANCES of the program Konsole.
Or do you mean you had 2 VTs?

What went away? I hope you mean you have 2 Vts with a single instance
of the Konsole program running set with 5 tabs. Did you start the FF in
the same VT?

Can you replicate any of this in the current - non beta - version?
If you can't then I would not worry about it.
Beta is supposed to be ... "iffy".