Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer 2014-11-17 19:26:

But i doubt you could grep /var/log/ (as you mentioned in another post)
and find any useful info since logs are all binary due to systemd.

I must have fixed that "feature", or maybe it isn't true of upgrades.

# file *.log messages warn
Xorg.0.log: ASCII text
alternatives.log: ASCII text, with very long lines
boot.log: ASCII text, with CRLF, CR line terminators, with
escape sequences

No, my friend, these are only duplicates :)

Duplicates that I can and do grep. :)

Assuming the binary copies exist to maintain a solid authentication
capability, I think the combination of authenticatable binary logs and
human readable text logs is just about perfect for me.

Thanks
Greg