Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:42:51 -0500
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg:

I also wonder how you are starting each of Konsole and Firefox.

I can see two ways and would be curious as to what happens in each.

I have six VT set up.
I start konsole in #4 and firefox in #2 from the Gecko menu.
The order does not seem to matter.

Al alternative way is to start konsole and then start firefox from a
command line in a console tab.

Oh, yes, a third way: start each from a xterm window.

How do each of these methods turn out for you?

First, the die'ing of konsole has only happened twice that I can
remember in weeks of using 13.2 beta/RC/gold.

I always start konsole via alt-f2 - manually type konsole. (I know,
menus are nice, but I rarely use them when I can just type instead.)

I start firefox by clicking on the icon on the main VT. I rarely ever
use any of the other VT screens.

(I do use the virtual consoles routinely (cntrl-alt-F#), but those
consoles have not died. It is just Konsole that has disappeared on me
a couple times.)

The last time it happened, I think I had 2 konsole windows going and 4
or 5 konsole tabs. All of it went away in a single stroke when I
started firefox.

Greg