Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.2 and old xp computer
On 11/17/2014 02:51 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-17 20:37, jdd wrote:
Le 17/11/2014 19:44, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
during install parties, I try to avoid as much as possible to change
defaults, much easier to maintain afterward

It is my policy to never stick to the defaults, without checking what
they are, and changing whatever I do not like. I write a paper note with
what I change.

if JDD mean its easier to maintain if you know how its configured and
taking the defaults means you don't have to think about it, the I see
his point. But Carlos has a valid point to. One 'don't have to think
about it' approach is to always do it the same way. While I've
experimented I've now adopted a simple "always the same way", and that
has little to do with how openSuse varies between packages.

That being said, I don't do many installs for other people these days.
When I used to I always created a little notebook in which I documented
the install & config and insisted the user kept it up to date,
emphasising that if they didn't they -- and I or whoever came by to help
them -- would not know the state of the machine.

I was occasionally interesting to see their comments about what they
were trying to do.