Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.2 and old xp computer
On 2014-11-17 15:36, jdd wrote:
Le 17/11/2014 14:06, Anton Aylward a écrit :

So while I congratulate you on your success and do note it, I'd like to
remind all and sundry of the "bleedin' obvious, aint it?" that relaxing
requirements can avoid a battle, that BtrFs was not included to vex and
challenge us.

I hope the XP was fully patched!

XP was not touched, not my bussiness (I just verufied it started).

I signaled the case because the error message come at the very end of
the install, it's only to avoid starting again.

Yes, but you do not have to go with defaults. I would not allow btrfs on
an old machine for two reasons: it needs more space (I would start at 50
gigs), and more workload (disk and cpu). I would use ext3 or 4 on root.

On the other hand, the solution your friend suggested, creating a /boot
partition is correct. But I would create it with ext2 (two). Although no
need to shrink /windows, it can be anywhere. Even a logical partition works.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)