Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On November 17, 2014 5:17:05 AM PST, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Re: opensuse 13.2

I use konsole (kde's terminal app) a fair amount.

At least twice my windows seem to have just disappeared.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I don't know what is triggering it. The last time, I noted I had just
started Firefox and it seemed that when Firefox started, konsole died.

The last time, I looked in ps -ef output for a long running app I had
running and it wasn't there. Thus kde didn't just hide the windows,
they died.

Greg
--

I have not seen any misbehavior of konsole in 13.2.

I don't routinely stare browser there, but I do start other stuff from
konsole Windows, and I've not noticed any app taking down konsole when it
crashed or terminated normally.

If konsole were to crash you might find something in xsession errors.

But i doubt you could grep /var/log/ (as you mentioned in another post) and
find any useful info since logs are all binary due to systemd.

I must have fixed that "feature", or maybe it isn't true of upgrades.

# file *.log messages warn
Xorg.0.log: ASCII text
alternatives.log: ASCII text, with very long lines
boot.log: ASCII text, with CRLF, CR line terminators, with
escape sequences
kdm.log: ASCII text
pbl.log: ASCII text
pm-powersave.log: empty
pm-suspend.log: ASCII text
rkhunter.log: ASCII text
snapper.log: ASCII text
wpa_supplicant.log: ASCII text
zypper.log: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages: ASCII text
warn: ASCII text

And I found various references to konsole via grep, just none about a crash.