Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
On 11/17/2014 09:51 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Anton Aylward

"obviously" - have you looked at the logs?

I missed that obvious one.

sudo grep konsole /var/log/* shows nothing of interest

Any other keyword you advise looking for.

(It has been a couple days since the last event, so I don't recall the
exact timing.)

Konsole has a number of start-up command line options (which can be in
the config file!)

One of then is to hold the session open even after it ends.

Check the HELP for more details.

I assume you mean konsole --noclose.

Yes. For one.

- I don't see any konsolerc docs. I how to I set --noclose to be
default in the the config file.

HA! I wish I knew!

I run konsole with many tabs and I'm still trying to figure out how to
start each tab with a different command!

Xterm with its gazillion options was so much easier!

(Cue: "Those were the days....")

- What good will --noclose do me? Let me read on screen error messages?

In absolute terms "I don't know".
I've never had this or a similar problem so I don't know what messages
to look for.

If this were me I'd try starting Konsole from an xterm then start
firefox and try that with various permutations, step and repeat while
varying command lines options, then perhaps running Konsole under a
debugger, watching for signals.

There's a pile of TECHNIQUES to deal with situations you've never met
_EXACTLY_ before.