Re: [opensuse] gvfs

On 11/16/2014 04:18 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-15 19:12, Roger Luedecke wrote:

If I recall correctly gvfs enables the ability to mount virtual filesystems
such as CD DVD or
USB flash media. I do remember many version ago having to install it
manually to enable the
ability to mount .iso on the desktop to use as a virtual drive.

As documented:

Main processes:

· gvfsd - the main gvfs daemon

· gvfs-fuse-daemon - mounts gvfs as a fuse filesystem

· gvfsd-metadata - writes gvfs metadata

Volume monitors:

· gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor - a udisks-based volume monitor

· gvfs-afc-volume-monitor - a volume monitor for Apple iPhone/iPod Touch
devices

Mount backends:

· gvfsd-afc - mounts iPhone/iPod touch volumes

· gvfsd-afp - mounts Apple Filing Protocol volumes

· gvfsd-afp-browse - browses Apple Filing Protocol volumes

· gvfsd-archive - mounts archive files in various formats

· gvfsd-burn - provides a location for burning CDs

· gvfsd-cdda - mounts audio CDs

· gvfsd-computer - provides computer://

· gvfsd-dav - mounts DAV filesystems

· gvfsd-dnssd - browses dnssd

· gvfsd-ftp - mounts over FTP

· gvfsd-http - mounts over HTTP

· gvfsd-localtest - a test backend

· gvfsd-network - provides network://

· gvfsd-obexftp - mounts over obexftp

· gvfsd-recent - provides recent://

· gvfsd-sftp - mounts over sftp

· gvfsd-smb - mounts Windows Shares Filesystem volumes

· gvfsd-smb-browse - browses Windows Shares Filesystem volumes

· gvfsd-trash - provides trash://

The question isn't WHAT it does, its HOW did it get installed when there are
no dependencies on it or any of its little circle of co-dependencies.

- --