Re: [opensuse] FTP Access
On 11/16/2014 08:55 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-16 14:42, Anton Aylward wrote:

But not upload. :-)

Yes you can.
We see plenty of web sites that allow uploading!
Thing, for example of webmail sites that allow you to attach a
photograph from your PC (or dating sites similar).

Ok, right, true. But I wouldn't know how to do that, quick, on my own
apache, without some coding. And then upload with a simple CLI command,
automated.

Off the top of my head, neither do I, so I google:

The HTML would be a simple form with a POST.
Of course the server has to have write permission, just as with the ftp
server, and there should be nothing in .htaccess (or selinux) that
prevents it.

Most people write CGI in PHP or Perl but there's no reason not to write
it in shell.

You can use wget for all of them.

Or CURL

<quote src="man page for curl">

-d, --data <data>
(HTTP) Sends the specified data in a POST request to the
HTTP server, in the same way that a browser does when a user has filled
in an HTML form and presses the submit button. This will cause curl to
pass the data to the server using the content-type
application/x-www-form-urlencoded. Compare to -F, --form.

-d, --data is the same as --data-ascii. To post data
purely binary, you should instead use the --data-binary option. To
URL-encode the value of a form field you may use --data-urlencode.

If any of these options is used more than once on the
same command line, the data pieces specified will be merged together
with a separating &-symbol. Thus, using '-d name=daniel -d skill=lousy'
would generate a post chunk that looks like 'name=daniel&skill=lousy'.
Wrote
</quote>
There are more options to deal with encoded data and so forth.