Re: [opensuse] gvfs
On 2014-11-15 19:12, Roger Luedecke wrote:

If I recall correctly gvfs enables the ability to mount virtual
filesystems such as CD DVD or USB flash media. I do remember many
version ago having to install it manually to enable the ability to
mount .iso on the desktop to use as a virtual drive.

As documented:

Main processes:

· gvfsd - the main gvfs daemon

· gvfs-fuse-daemon - mounts gvfs as a fuse filesystem

· gvfsd-metadata - writes gvfs metadata

Volume monitors:

· gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor - a udisks-based volume monitor

· gvfs-afc-volume-monitor - a volume monitor for Apple
iPhone/iPod Touch devices

Mount backends:

· gvfsd-afc - mounts iPhone/iPod touch volumes

· gvfsd-afp - mounts Apple Filing Protocol volumes

· gvfsd-afp-browse - browses Apple Filing Protocol volumes

· gvfsd-archive - mounts archive files in various formats

· gvfsd-burn - provides a location for burning CDs

· gvfsd-cdda - mounts audio CDs

· gvfsd-computer - provides computer://

· gvfsd-dav - mounts DAV filesystems

· gvfsd-dnssd - browses dnssd

· gvfsd-ftp - mounts over FTP

· gvfsd-http - mounts over HTTP

· gvfsd-localtest - a test backend

· gvfsd-network - provides network://

· gvfsd-obexftp - mounts over obexftp

· gvfsd-recent - provides recent://

· gvfsd-sftp - mounts over sftp

· gvfsd-smb - mounts Windows Shares Filesystem volumes

· gvfsd-smb-browse - browses Windows Shares Filesystem volumes

· gvfsd-trash - provides trash://

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)