Re: [opensuse] gvfs (was: Really irritated)
On Sat, 2014-11-15 at 00:53 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
John M Andersen composed on 2014-11-14 19:41 (UTC-0800):

Well, I'd just like to know HOW it got installed, when no package has any
of those
packages as prerequisites, or recommends or anything. So packaging error
is my guess.

FWIW:
YaST Installation is when it was installed on my last fresh 13.2
installation, 2 weeks ago. Like most of my installations, I chose minimal X
Window for DE, then added selected packages and deleted selected things I
don't use in package selection details, before letting package installation
proceed.

Grepping RpmDb in the original y2log, gvfs was installed immediately after
the kernel and immediately before device-mapper. After device-mapper followed
the xf86* packages, usbutils, libusb, libpcap1, libopenobex2, libmtp9, then
gvfs-fuse and gvfs-backend.

After installation, before installing any more packages, I set
solver.onlyRequires = true in zypp.conf, after which I installed KDE3, before
initial start of graphical.target.

/var/log/zypp/history does not contain gvfs.

To me these, plus what Carlos wrote about GLib, suggests gvfs is very likely
part of one of the foundational patterns.

On that installation, ~/.gvfs does not exist.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
If I recall correctly gvfs enables the ability to mount virtual
filesystems such as CD DVD or USB flash media. I do remember many
version ago having to install it manually to enable the ability to
mount .iso on the desktop to use as a virtual drive.