Re: [opensuse] Really irritated
On 2014-11-15 04:41, John M Andersen wrote:
On 11/14/2014 6:59 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

No, gvfs is "virtual", not a permanent filesystem. Something that is
running currently creates and keeps it.

The GTK (Gnome ToolKit) app most KDE users have installed, IIRC, is Firefox,
but for those who don't, many do Gimp. Maybe one of those is the villain?
--

Well, I'd just like to know HOW it got installed, when no package has any of
those

Wrong. It needs to be installed, because something is running it now, or
else, that something would complain that it could not run what it
expects to run.

Ah, correction: the directory .gvfs can be deleted if not currently in
use, but it is created again when needed, ie, when the gvfs daemon starts.

We've wandered a bit far of the original question about Baloo.

The OP asked about 'gvfs' in the first message.

There is a "man gvfs" page about it. It is not really a gnome service,
but a Glib one. An API for services. The directory ~/.gvfs corresponds
to, or rather is created by, the daemon "gvfsd-fuse".

As I use XFCE, I'm not in a position to find out when the directory is
created on an KDE system.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >