Re: [opensuse] Really irritated
Den 2014-11-14 19:49, John Andersen skrev:
An excellent unfiltered rant. Bravo.

I gave a fair warning :-)

I offer this as helpful information, not as a counter-rant.

You have control of baloo, by several means:
1) uninstall through Yast or zypper
2) go to Config Desktop, and add areas (partitions) that should be excluded
4) Uncheck the checkbox on that same page to turn indexing off all toghether
5) Less documented, but more powerful:
edit /home/[username]/.kde4/share/config/baloorc
and adjust settings to exclude file types and locations you don't want
indexed.

It's this (4) and (5) that I'm having problems with. Why should I have to look for means to turn #poor idea# OFF... I should be looking for means to turn it ON, if I'd want it ... I'd probably want to ristrict this wild HOG, not merely to partitions ... but down to "individual" directories. All the way down to Documents and Pictures folder, and the like ... not my entire file system.