Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.2 sh command broken
On 11/13/2014 10:05 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 11/13/2014 09:09 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
So command completion does work, except for 'sh'.

In the list of what the MAN pages for BASH says and what it says about
what happens when invoked as 'sh', that makes perfect sense.

Could you sum it up please? On openSUSE 13.1, command completion also
works for 'sh' (in the way expected).

In order to be "complete" I don't think I can be more succinct than the
man page. There are just too many other things going on and that can
be, as I have done, customized, with ~/.profile. ~/.bash_profile.
~/,bashrc and their /etc/ equivalents and things that may be in the
environment when the shell is invoked. Anything I can say could be the
start of a "yes, but..." sequence. Yes, but it depends. And right now
I'm not running 12.3 so yes but I don't know what the
out-of-the-box-before-customization settings are.

And, as it has been pointed out, that 'clean' installs will differ from
the online-by-editing-the-repo-files style of update I've done in the
past and am likely to do again.

I'd say the four letter letter acronym that begins RT... But Henne is
stomping down on people who use swear words so as to be consistent.

Yes I know this is complicated, but DO Read The eFFexelent Manual page.