[opensuse] Quick question re: new versions of SLES/openSuse and booting
Just out of curiosity -

In the past it was usually recommended to have a separate /boot partition, and
for that partition to be the first one of the disk. However, I've noticed that
in openSuSE 13.2 and SLES 12 that the default now is to not create this
partition, and to instead install the bootcode into "/" directly, with /boot
being a subfolder of the root partition.

Has something changed with regards to "best practices," or is there another
reason that this is the default now?

Just wanting to make sure that I build my systems correctly with the new
versions :)