Re: [opensuse] Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2
James Knott composed on 2014-11-10 21:33 (UTC-0500):

http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/776643-how-to-rescue-a-non-booting-grub-2-on-linux/

I actually found that earlier. It fails on this line:

"grub> linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-29-generic root=/dev/sda1" with
Unknown command 'linux'.

Maybe you are dealing with a Grub Legacy prompt? Try substituting kernel for
linux there.

I keep finding all sorts of things that are supposed to work, but fail
at one point or another.

Your kind of problem is justfication for creating multiboot installations as
a habit (as I do), having something familiar and handy to fall back on
*easily* when a new installation turns fubar.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/