Re: [opensuse] Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2
James Knott composed on 2014-11-10 20:48 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

That doesn't work either. When I enter the command mount -o remount,rw
/dev/sda6/ /mnt, I get a long listing of the mount command options
followed by "mount.bin: /mnt not mounted or bad option".

Try:
mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda6 /mnt

That was a typo in my email. I didn't have sda6/ when I entered the
command.

AFAIK, remount is a valid option only when the device is already mounted, and
rw probably only if not already mounted rw. If following the instructions,
why would you need to *re*-mount your / partition? Maybe
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disaster_Recovery will help? Maybe your whole
process should be shared here for people to look for a flaw.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/