Re: [opensuse] Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2
  • From: Timothy Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:04:36 -0500
On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/10/2014 01:20 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
I've never had problems with the DVDs[1] but James has just documented
problems with USB.

I didn't experience a problem with USB. I experienced a problem with
the software I installed from the USB.

I am glad I did not have any of these problems.

You can also use YaST2 Software Repositories to manually change each
of the configured repo's to the 13.2 version, I also create local ios
image repos for the DVD installer, Additional Language and non-OSS
disk images prior to the zypper dup so I have as much local packages
as possible.

I place these in /opt/local.repos. I did not have any of the issues
you are talking about. If you know you need closed source WiFi drivers
I would have them ready ahead of time and make sure that your drivers
are supported currently by the kernel that is included with 13.2.

What WiFi hardware do you have?