Re: [opensuse] Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2
Anton Aylward composed on 2014-11-10 14:46 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

Well obviously not all the Build service ones!
What about "Kernel_Standard" then?

It includes no version string, correct? You and sed don't "replace" something
that doesn't exist.

Mine reads (at present)
$ grep 13 /etc/zypp/repos.d/Kernel_standard.repo
baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/openSUSE-13.1/standard/

Why would the procedure be any different for that?
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/openSUSE-13.2/standard/
exists.

If you're worried about the kernel, lock it before upgrading, then unlock,
and maybe use YaST instead of Zypper to ensure the repo you think you want is
valid and suitable.

Too many lookalike repos. One I (sometimes) use is:
baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard/

For 13.1, ever since I discovered it, I've been using:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mkubecek:/evergreen-13.1/openSUSE_13.1
It I would disable before upgrading to 13.2.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/