Re: [opensuse] Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2
Am 10.11.2014 um 18:42 schrieb Felix Miata:
lynn composed on 2014-11-10 18:22 (UTC+0100):

On Ubuntu, after you have logged in, it asks you if
you want to upgrade. You click yes or no. There is nothing to configure
or isos to burn. We have nothing like that.

We do have something effectively equivalent that is modestly more complicated:

1-login on a vtty as root (vtty recommended but not required)
2-# zypper clean -a
3-navigate to /etc/zypp/repos.d/
4-edit each file there, replacing each instance of 13.1 with 13.2

This can be done with one command :):
sed -i.safe 's|13\.1|13.2|g' *repo

This way, you get copies of the old files with .safe suffix, so you can
switch them back, if needed (though I recommend disabling the repo, if
the 13.2 repo does not yet exist). If you do not want those copies,
simply user "sed -i 's..."

5-# zypper ref
6-# zypper dup
7-reboot into 13.2