Re: [opensuse] Fresh 13.2 install fail - two problems - help please
On 11/08/2014 11:35 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
An encrypted FS or data store that is available in the clear while the
system is booted anyway makes no sense to me. It only makes sense if
the machine itself is physically insecure, that the drive could be
stolen. And not really even then; if the machine is physically insecure
the whole thing could be stolen, and booted, or the data extracted while
the machine was running, or, given physical access, a keystroke recorder
could be plugged in.

A few years ago, I set up ThinkPads for a pharmaceutical company. The
drives were encrypted and could only be accessed after the password was
entered. No password, no data. Even if someone "borrowed" a computer,
they couldn't read anything without the password.