Re: [opensuse] KDE for SLED?
On 2014-11-08 01:13, Peter wrote:

Well, after dinner I did in fact locate the following section. I think
it's quite interesting the choice of 3 GNOME3-based alternatives.

Yes, they are interesting choices. Whether one agrees or not, dunno, but
interesting.

actually think they made the right call here, though I'm more of a KDE
guy myself. They couldn't hold out several more months for a still
relatively untested Plasma 5 desktop, and the idea of supporting KDE4 in
2019 seems ridiculous. Any of the other options might not even be around
in five years' time. Here's the snippet:
https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLED/12/#fate-317812

So the main reason is that they don't trust KDE to be maintainable for
five years.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)