Re: [opensuse] Fresh 13.2 install fail - two problems - help please
В Sat, 08 Nov 2014 19:01:13 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

В Sat, 8 Nov 2014 10:24:12 -0600
listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 63 40965749 20482843+ 7
HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Yes, that's the problem. grub2 core.img with btrfs support exceeds 63
(actually 62) sectors and cannot be embedded in post-MBR - not enough
space. Installation in extended partition is not possible because
btrfs does not support blocklists (too advanced for it ...)

does this mean 13.2 can't be installed as default on mbr system??

Why? In this specific case just create extra partition for /boot with
ext2 and install bootloader in extended partition.

I think the question implied newbie taking all the defaults, or
coexisting with another OS on the drive.

We tend to forget how confusing it can be to a totally new user.