Re: [opensuse] Fresh 13.2 install fail - two problems - help please
On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 19:47:11 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

В Sat, 8 Nov 2014 10:24:12 -0600
listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 63 40965749 20482843+ 7
HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Yes, that's the problem. grub2 core.img with btrfs support exceeds 63
(actually 62) sectors and cannot be embedded in post-MBR - not enough
space. Installation in extended partition is not possible because
btrfs does not support blocklists (too advanced for it ...)

There is patch submitted to Factory that will install core.img in
space reserved for bootloader on btrfs partition in this case while
having master boot code in MBR. You can grab packages here

http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=Base%3ASystem&package=grub2

Aha! Thanks, Andrei. Perhaps the 13.2 install program should check on
this factor before it attempts the full install...

I may just try a new install on a different drive with 2048 (2047?)
sectors up front as I may not be knowledgeable enough to deal with the
patch. I will have a look at it however.

Did this also cause the xfs problem or is that problem a totally
different issue?

Thanks again.

Ralph