Re: [opensuse] Backup Options?
On October 13, 2014 10:46:56 am Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any suggestions for automated backups
of heterogeneous desktops these days? I've been using rdiff-backup
for many years for Linux clients, but now have a requirement
to add Windows 7 to the mix. Years ago I used Samba's smbclient
to copy shared Windows XP directories to a central Linux box under
cron control, but I'm not sure that's the best way for incremental
backups and it might not even work any more.

Any suggestions/ideas? Bacula?

Thanks,
Lew

I use unison to back up files from various computers to a desktop server with
a 3 GB drive,using nfs network.

--
Bob Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the