Re: [opensuse] KDE for SLED?
On 2014-11-07 16:13, Stanislav Baiduzhyi wrote:
On Friday 07 November 2014 13:55:01 Carlos E. R. wrote:
Why gnome? Because that is what their clients
prefer, I expect.

I wonder if they really asked their clients, and if that was the answer - how
much of that goes from ignorance.

I'm sure they really ask them. They pay...

I mean, in case of gnome2 it was quite logical, kde3 was already outdated (by
linux standards) and kde4 was not polished enough. But now we have opposite
situation: kde4 is stable and polished, while gnome 3 is still struggling
between providing classic desktop and "modern" design, former being hardly
improvement over gnome2 and latter is as controversial as you can get in
linux
world. The only argument I can find for use of gnome3 for enterprise desktop
-
KDE4 will be dropped soon, MATE is still a fork, XFCE probably does not have
enough human power to support it as enterprise clients would like, which
leaves only gnome3 as the desktop with enough human power and longer time
frame before gnome4 will arrive.

I asked about XFCE because I consider Gnome 3 a bad choice. And KDE4
even worse. But I hear they use gnome 2, and that absolutely matches
with what I said, if true. Conservative, stable, no niceties. Nothing to
configure.

Just WORK! Create profit for the employer! >:-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)