Re: [opensuse] Btrfs.. Whats the difference
On 11/04/2014 11:36 PM, John Andersen wrote:
Since I have a fresh backup from before, I am also trying encrypted volumes.
It didn't want to let me encrypt a btrfs partition where I store my source
code
so I had to forgo the snapshot capabilities and use XFS for that partition.

I'm surprised that BtrFS can't encrypt a subvolume.

However it looks like you can create a encrypted partition (e.g. LVM)
and add that to BtrFS. Of course partition encryption does not protect
data accessed by a running system.