Re: [opensuse] Question about Desktop Effiects - I think
On 11/03/2014 12:47 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 03/11/14 01:10, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 11/02/2014 08:57 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Could someone please remind me what I did to be able to push the cursor
into the top-left corner of the screen to be able to do the above? For
the life of me I cannot remember what I did. At the moment all I can do
is to push the cursor to either the left- or right-hand SIDES of the
screen and move to the next desktop - but that's not what I want.
systemsettings
Workspace behaviour
Screen edges

After I read the above and went there I realised that I have been there
at half-a-dozen times - so your comment was nothing new :-) .

Nothing new UNTIL I accidentally pressed the right-hand mouse button
and.....VOILA! Memories came flooding back! :-)

I navigate there and click on the blobs on the little screen diagram
screen edges. An ordinary click works for me. A right click works
exactly the same.

I'd be interested in what other members of the list find.

Perhps you have some oddity in your mouse setup.

I can clearly see why some people dislike KDE because having to press
the R-H button to get a drop-down menu to achieve the result one wants
is not intuitive.

I would agree with you in principle, but I note two things.
The first is "it isn't so".
The second is that you are quick to criticise.

I also wonder about your configuration/machine setup. There seem to be
many anomalies. Linux/openSuse&KDE doesn't seem to work for you the way
it works for me. Perhaps I'm more forgiving. Perhaps the software is
psychic and senses your antagonism and, childishly, digs its heels in
and becomes uncooperative for you, whereas I treat it with respect and
don't bully it or badmouth it. Yes, I know, its hard to believe in
psychic software, but there you are. How else to explain that things
work for me and they don't work for you?

While I do understand and have tried this myself, in the long run I
found it an annoyance and preferred hot keying or using the rotating
cube.

I tried the rotating cube many, many moons ago but found that to be
distracting and "bling" rather than being practical. But, then, whatever
floats your boat, right? :-)

This is a computer, not a boat.
I keep it away from water.
Well, OK, sometimes the keyboard gets a taste of coffee ...

--
Never was anything great achieved without danger.
-- Machiavelli