On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 06:16:38PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-09-30 17:57, Ruben Safir wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:56:31PM +0200, Andreas Mahel wrote:

The SysVInit scripts are being "intercepted" by /etc/rc.status. This
script has been extended to first check if systemd is installed, and if
the script qualifies for being handled by systemd directly. If yes, the
process is switching to systemctl:
exec /bin/systemctl ${SYSTEMCTL_OPTIONS} $1 "${_rc_base}"

which is the point I was making all along. It doesn't use the damn
scripts. It translates them as 'units'

No, it does not.

If there are both a script and a unit, the unit takes precedence, obviously.
If there is only a script, it is used, obviously too.

No - it is NOT used. I have of scripts that sit in /etc/rc.d/ and are
not used, looked at or parsed by systemd and it too me quite a while to
figure out why. I had no idea that this hostile takeover was happening.
I thought it was just gnome that would try to do insane stuff like this.

Ruben

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.