Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] calibre
On 2014-09-29 18:53, Michael Schueller wrote:

Now, about the error message you post above, I can not read it.
Please repeat this way:

LANG=C calibre

LANG=C calibre
Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl

or this:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 calibre

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 calibre
QT_MESSAESSA㥥昀RN: UnknUnkn萀QString:ing:搀
ⱬ洀gument mnt mずĀᕥ爀This app
app椀杮椮楮��, xcb
This app app椀杮椮楮��
Abgebrochen

Gosh :-(

Ok, another way:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 DICTIONARY=english KDE_LANG=en_US.UTF-8
calibre

It's a single line. If the messages are not in English, then please create a
new user, with some none KDE desktop. xfce is nice, but others are much smaller
to install. Make sure which ever desktop you choose, you set it up to run in
English. Then run calibre in it, in a terminal: let's hope we can see the
messages in English and we can read them

Also, if you are running the KDE desktop, you can try with another
desktop. Anyone that is not Qt based.

Probably it´s because of this, that i have installed KDE3 and KDE4

But i tryed it on both and on fluxbox and TWM as well.
It´s allways the same.

Maybe some library is interfering. But I also have KDE4 and KDE3 installed, or
the main parts.

There is another way, then: Install a small Linux in a virtualized system,
either vmware player or virtualbox.
Install a minimal kde4 (no libreoffice, games, thunderbird/mozilla, etc). And
then install calibre inside...
If it works, it is also possible to have the program running in that guest, but
display outside.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >