On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 06:33:31PM -0400, Dirk Gently wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/28/2014 11:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

You told us so many times how easy it is to understand what script
under /etc/init.d does by just looking at it and now you ask this
question? What prevents you from just looking at script and answer
yourself?

I was intrigued enough to have a look. Then I found out and laughed :-)
Took me some time, though. Maybe five minutes in all. I'm not a script
junkie, after all :-)

Indeed, the script seems superfluous!

So. how is the script getting interecepted and replaced with a systemctl
command,
when there is NO mention of systemctl anywhere in the cron start/stop script?

It is not running the script. Somehow, and don't ask me how and I
couldn't care less because no part of that can be good, the sh shell
script has been intercepted and was parsed and intpreted by systemd,
and whatever it figured out it wanted, that is what it is going to do.
So if you go and alter the script or simplify it, as I tend to do, or do
something that is not with the program, then systemd will then piss all
over your leg.

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!