Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/29/2014 06:43 PM, Dirk Gently wrote:
Marxism was a case of "new must be better because it's new"

Ah.
Now I understand why you young whipper-snappers are calling the old
fogies like me "Marxists".

Its really about simple, unadulterated ignorance.
I'm forced to conclude that you too are one of the types of American who
like by myths and have never bothered reading the original material, the
'sources'.

Actually, I read The Communist Manifesto when I was in 8th grade... cover to
cover.
I've also read Capital.

Marx's biggest failing was confusing aristocratic legal systems with free
enterprise
in a free society, when in fact, aristocratic social-class systems are
precisely the
opposite of a free society, and thus, not a part of free enterprise at all.