ianseeks wrote:
On Sunday 28 Sep 2014 22:26:06 Dirk Gently wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/28/2014 06:40 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 09:17:53AM -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/28/2014 08:44 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
What is the issue?
If you have a specific issue we can maybe understand how to help you.
Note that sysV scripts are supported by systemd.

The issue is not about the technology, technique or implementation, it
is purely emotional.

Only on your end. You would make a great Marxist.

Why thank you; I'm glad you noticed.

So you're a Marxist, too. Why is thist not surprising.

If supporting Marxism puts you on "the right side of history" then I
suggest you go to Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Moldova,
Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, or any other country which was abused
by the Marxist governments, and which now are having to play "catch up"
after decades of not just mere stagnation, but actual destruction of
their societies, infrastructure, and commercial structure, industrial
base, and civil and criminal law which were all optimized for some
pie-in-the-sky idiocy which any 5-year-old child can tell you is
fundamentally flawed.

So now you are saying the "old ways" are bad and new ways are good?? Make up
your mind...

Marxism was a case of "new must be better because it's new"
SystemD is the same.

And it will eventually be tossed out for the same reasons that Marxism is
being tossed out... because the fundamental assumptions that are crucial to the
design are and never were true in the first place.

Reality is I'd have made a great many things if I had decided to apply
myself in those fields.

The same could be said of many of us.

The fact that you are an ardent supporter of Marxism is all I need
to know about why you won't acknowledge even the tiniest of flaws in
systemd, and why every discussion ends with you making all sorts
of grand "handwave the arguments I don't like away" gestures, to
derail the discussion from being about the flaws of systemd, and instead
trying to make it about whether the person making the argument is
"qualified" to even speak or not.

I'd trust Antons experience long before i'd even considers yours.

Since you are so delusional, one thing is for certain .. YOU are
most unqualified to speak on this subject, because you are so
emotionally invested in "out with what is tested and has worked for
decades, in with the pie-in-the-sky-thing-which-nobody-has-ever-
demonstrated-to-actually-improve-more-than-it-breaks" followed
by "well, you just haven't read umpteem thousands of pages of
rhetoric"

One thing is for sure... activists are always big one writing
multi-hundred page screeds, and then screaming "you didn't read
what I [or someone else] wrote" when presented with a question
which should be easy to answer in 3 sentences or less.

Looks like you are on your way to a multi-hundred page screeds before you
abruptly finished - see your next sentence

I'm sick of sloppy thinkers such as you.

you're the only sloppy thinker as evidenced by your emotional tirades

I don't suffer fools lightly. Keep annoying me with your rude idiocy
and aggression, and I will make you wish you had never heard of me.

work,

yea, go to work and use your so called expert knowledge and get "init" working
on your system and stop bothering everyone with your childish shit.