  • From: Dirk Gently <dirk.gently00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:30:48 -0400
Sam M. wrote:
This is a perfect example of the Systemd whiners that achieve nothing.
And this character Ruben, no idea who he is, but he sounds just as
psychotic as Dirk. Who knows, maybe they're the same person. I hope
both are getting psychiatric care.

Rueben is saying that you've already demonstrated that you aren't intereested
in having a discussion in good faith.

Also, what part of /dev/null did you not understand?

The very fact that you DON'T understand this reference indicates that you probably aren't comprehending a hell of a lot of the anti-systgemd argument..
You hear all of the propagands ("Ooooh, SystemD can do that, tooo!?!?!?)
without realizing that
most of what SystemD does, it does in a far WORSE manner than SsVInit performed
the same tasks.

Have you ever even administrated a system using the SysVInit or a BSD RCinit
system,
to the extend that you had to do anything "hand configuration" of the system to
get it
to do what YOU want it to do, not what was just "issued" to you by the devs?

Because it sounds like you haven't...and you're just relying (hoping) that the
SysV devs will anticipate all of your wants and desires, and that you'll never
actually
have to edit any of the systemd config files.

I have...and they're fucking atrocious.