On 09/28/2014 11:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

You told us so many times how easy it is to understand what script
under /etc/init.d does by just looking at it and now you ask this
question? What prevents you from just looking at script and answer
yourself?

I was intrigued enough to have a look. Then I found out and laughed :-)
Took me some time, though. Maybe five minutes in all. I'm not a script
junkie, after all :-)

Indeed, the script seems superfluous!