Hello,

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014, Felix Miata wrote:
Lew Wolfgang wrote on 2014-09-28 13:00 (UTC-0700):

When will the systemd proponents address the concerns that they are
ignoring most, if not all, of the basic UNIX/Linux tenets?

Apparently you missed it, e.g.:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-September/023294.html

Why should I be so masochistic to read a systemd fanboi dominated ML?

From that mail, let's check:

| 1. Write simple parts connected by clean interfaces.

Fail.

| 2. Clarity is better than cleverness.

Fail.

| 3. Design programs to be connected to other programs.

Ok, pass.

| 4. Separate policy from mechanism; separate interfaces from engines.

Fail.

| 5. Design for simplicity; add complexity only where you must.

Major fail.

| 6. Write a big program only when it is clear by demonstration that
| nothing else will do.

Fail

| 7. Rule of Transparency: Design for visibility to make inspection and
| debugging easier.

Major fail.

| 8. Robustness is the child of transparency and simplicity.

No opinion.

| 9. Fold knowledge into data so program logic can be stupid and robust.

Fail.

| 10. In interface design, always do the least surprising thing.

Major fail.

| 11. When a program has nothing surprising to say, it should say nothing.

Fail.

| 12. When you must fail, fail noisily and as soon as possible.

Fail.

| 13. Programmer time is expensive; conserve it in preference to machine time.

Major fail.

| 14. Avoid hand-hacking; write programs to write programs when you can.

Fail.

| 15. Prototype before polishing. Get it working before you optimize it.

Fail.

| 16. Distrust all claims for ~one true way~.

Major fail.

| 17. Design for the future, because it will be here sooner than you think.

Major fail.

1:1:15 out of 17? Good job, or is it? ...

-dnh

--
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is
most important. -- Teal'C, Stargate SG-1, 9x14 - Stronghold