Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/27/2014 08:01 PM, Dirk Gently wrote:

And if SystemD FAILS before your GUI comes up (i.e. unrelated to the GUI),
then what, Mr. Not-as-clever-as-you-think-you-are?

The same could be said for init, shell, any program.
That's a pointless argument and of no value.

With init, at least we know WHAT the hell is going on because as long as
we at least get a working terminal, we can read the scripts in /etc/init.d

What if you hardware fails?

I'm talking about the case where the hardware is good, but the boot-up is hosed.

Demonstrably that's more likely than systemd or init failing.

Its clear that you're now grasping ant improbable straws, aaron.

You're handwaving to distract from the problem.