On 28/09/14 02:01, Dirk Gently wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/25/2014 11:49 AM, ianseeks wrote:
On Wednesday 24 Sep 2014 15:43:55 Dirk Gently wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/24/2014 02:15 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
I don't think the same
about systemd so much any more after reading a few days ago this:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-September/023294

.html>
That's excellent.

Those 17 points sum up 'the UNIX way' very well, much better than the
rants we've seen here, which have mostly been recidivist.

The claims that systemd is undocumented and similar are quite
unfounded.

If it's not in the man pages, it's not documented.

man systemd - works for me

Not only that!

$ apropos systemd| wc -l
130

aaron-as-dirk's complaint about getting the GUI to work is frivolous.
The post-systemd problems I've had with Xorg have been the same ones I

And if SystemD FAILS before your GUI comes up (i.e. unrelated to the GUI),
then what, Mr. Not-as-clever-as-you-think-you-are?

OK. I'll take my opportunity whilst it lasts.

It does fail e.g. /run/user/0 is not created for the Kerberos root cache so nothing is mounted from AD. The problem is, no one at either SUSE nor openSUSE understand the problem. The bugs never get fixed (or read even) because no one either at SUSE nor openSUSE has the resources or understanding to fix them. This is a pure systemd error which has knocked out working with SLES or openSUSE after systemd in a domain completely. The only solution is a workaround. 844198 has been open for almost a year. No one has addressed the issue. And let's face it, if Fedora have problems with the same issue, what chance do we stand?
L x