Ruben Safir wrote:

/snip/

I wonder why more of those who are making a big fuss about "A large number of
well understood and well working tools have been absorbed in one fell swoop
by systemd" are not looking into the proposed uselessd?
I am not a programmer, but I think I understand the line I just quoted, and I
think I understand the general thesis of uselessd, which is to solve that
problem,
while keeping such merits as systemd has. It would seem to me to be a
reasonable approach, and a compromise that even the staunchest supporters of
the present systemd might be willing to accept, when it becomes more fully
developed.
I would hope that those reading here who are programmers/developers would
look into uselessd and assist in its finalization.

Not interested. I just want to go back to init and the /etc/rc.d
directory of services.

Am I to understand that the cores from my programs no longer go on the
file system? How the hell did systemd get that deep into my computing
environemt?

Sievert and Poettering are Narcissistic powermongers.

It really is that simple -- because, narcissists believe that ANY opinion
that differs from their own is illegitimate, they have no qualms with
replacing something like init with a new system that CANNOT BE SWAPPED
OUT for some other init system.

Ruben

--doug