Re: [opensuse] 13.1 Tbird 31.1.0 - Multiple Crashes Since Update Yesterday - Where to see crash reports?
On 09/26/2014 01:42 AM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Upstream Thunderbird also sees a bigger amount of crashes with TB 31.1
but the reasons are not identified yet.
Unfortunately our debugsymbol extraction automatism in RPM makes the
mozilla internal crashreporter pretty much useless as we do not have
decoded crashdumps :-( (A long open issue related to whatever I don't
really understand)
So if Thunderbird is crashing regularly for someone who can reproduce
it, you could try to follow
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bugreport_Mozilla
The same approach is supposed to work for Thunderbird.
If you get decoded stacktraces with gdb please open bugs at bnc and
attach them. I'll look at them.

Wolfgang

Thank you Wolfgang,

Glad I just wasn't missing something easy in the crash-reports :) I'll look at the -debug packages needed to get a meaningful gdb backtrace and if it isn't too bad I'll try running tb in gdb.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.