On 09/25/2014 11:49 AM, ianseeks wrote:
On Wednesday 24 Sep 2014 15:43:55 Dirk Gently wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/24/2014 02:15 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
I don't think the same
about systemd so much any more after reading a few days ago this:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-September/023294
.html>
That's excellent.

Those 17 points sum up 'the UNIX way' very well, much better than the
rants we've seen here, which have mostly been recidivist.

The claims that systemd is undocumented and similar are quite unfounded.

If it's not in the man pages, it's not documented.

man systemd - works for me

Not only that!

$ apropos systemd| wc -l
130

aaron-as-dirk's complaint about getting the GUI to work is frivolous.
The post-systemd problems I've had with Xorg have been the same ones I
had before systemd and have nothing to do with systemd and everything to
do with Xorg, the drivers and kernel modules. I expect to have similar
problems whenever I change my graphics hardware.

Attributing these problems to systemd is just part of the Big Lie that
people such as aaron-as-dirk engage in.

If you look to history and see example of major players who practised
the Big Lie technique of persuading people, you'll realise that such
people do not have your best interests at heart, nor, if history is to
be a judge, the best interests of society at large. Hopefully you will
more sensitive to the Big Lie techniques that masses have been in the
past and not be persuaded.

--
"Nothing is more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of
success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new