Re: [opensuse] Blacklisting extensions
  • From: "A. den Oudsten" <AdenOudsten@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:53:07 +0200

Op 25-09-14 om 17:46 schreef Patrick Shanahan:
* A. den Oudsten <AdenOudsten@xxxxxx> [09-25-14 11:03]:
Op 25-09-14 om 16:52 schreef Patrick Shanahan:
* A. den Oudsten <AdenOudsten@xxxxxx> [09-25-14 10:47]:
How can I, as a user, blacklist extensions in Gwenview?
The file YOU need to edit is below your home directory, ie: YOU own it and
can do to it as you like.

I like it to do, but my question is how?
I did not find that in the documentation
The way I would do:

open a text session/window xterm or konsole or ...
do the following comands inside that window:
cd .kde4/share/config/
cp gwenviewrc gwenviewrc.save
pico ./gwenviewrc
pico is an editor which I believe is installed nearly everywhere. If you
do not have pico, you will have to tell us which text editor you have
installed or you will have to install one. AFAIK, every system requires a
text editor and should have one installed. vi/vim maybe/probably is
installed but is not really suitable for someone unfamiliar with it's
interface.

Once you have opened gwenviewrc in your editor, search for a line which
has: [General]

on the first empty line below that, put:
BlackListedExtensions=nef,cr2,orf,new

add an empty line

save the file

see if gwenview displays raw files.